Although I didn't post anything in the last few months, I've been working on some things, including several open source projects. In this post, I'm going to tell you about a few of them: Von, Rammy and Trek*.
One day I was looking through the MyAnimeList (MAL) account of mine and I've noticed that I've specified the start and finish for every single title I've watched. Now that isn't really impressive, but noone else using MAL actually does that.
After trying a bunch of existing static site generators, I decided that none of them were worthy of being used by me. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is precisely how Blitz was born.
Today I've discovered another gem I've made back in August of 2015 (according to file timestamps). To give myself some closure, I'm going to immortalise Auth-chan in this blog post, and forget about her again.
It's a life-long dream of mine to invent a robust yet accessible music visualisation framework. I've tried a bunch of times in the past using Java but the solutions were very obviously imperfect: first of all, I had no idea what I was doing, and secondly, they were written in Java.
I was elected as the treasurer of UCLU Anime Society , and I was also responsible for IT in our society. We created a Discord chat for our society, and people begun requesting various features. One of them was a bot that would somehow hide spoilers, which is how Discord Spoiler Bot was born.
As a part of System Engineering modules in my 2nd year of study in UCL I've been given a chance to work with Microsoft HoloLens and I became a part of the PEACH project. In this article I'll be talking about PEACH Reality itself and the things I've done during my team working on it.
I have recently put together a new rig, and it just so happened I had several LED strips leftover from one of my previous projects. Sadly, I couldn't get my hands on a monitor with built-in ambient lighting so I decided to build my own solution.
I was thinking about an easy way to simulate various APIs, and I was looking for a reusable solution that doesn't require much setup and if possible is platform/language independent.
I took an interest in the concepts behind neural networks and machine learning. After doing some learning I tried to apply my newly acquired knowledge.
While doing some coursework for MATH6301 module for uni I decided that it takes too damn long to write out basic Gaussian elimination operations. Additionally, I felt like procrastinating and doing something that will involve using gulp which I have only recently discovered.
Some time around 2014 I was an avid reddit user (I mostly lurk nowadays) and I made quite a lot of themes for various subreddits. Below you can see some of the themes I have actually released. In reality, there were a bit more but I've never gotten a chance to complete them.
HyperBlocks is a WYSIWYG editor for sidebar content on Reddit. Its main aim is to allow moderators to easily organise the contents of sidebars in their subreddits in a neat and well-structured way without any prior knowledge of CSS or Markdown syntax.
I used to make various mods for Dota 2, and as you've probably guessed some of these mods were icon mods for various heroes. In this post you can see some of the icon sets I bothered to complete.
Back in 2014 I decided to develop a music visualiser, and since I was mostly working with Java at the time my choice fell on this very language. Sadly, I couldn't find any decent tutorials or examples of music visualiser implementation in Java, so I decided to make one myself.