Welcome to Foxy Panda!
First things first - if you're here to offer me a job, check out my CV. If you want to contact me, drop me an email at
tim.kuzh (at) gmail.com.
Hello there, I see you found my blog. I mostly post short articles about tech problems I encounter. I sometimes post longer articles about my life experiences, but these take a long time to write so they are rare.
I love to chat about different projects and ideas, so if you have a question, drop me a message on LinkedIn or on Discord. If you have an open source project or a collaboration proposal, I'd love to hear your ideas, but it's unlikely I'll be able to join your efforts.
Some trivia about me:
- My name is Timur Kuzhagaliyev, but I go by Tim these days.
- I live and work in London, UK, but I originally come from Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- I spent some time living in Pasadena, California, USA.
- I have a Master of Engineering in Computer Science degree from UCL. I've also spent a year in California Institute of Technology as a computer science exchange student.
Cool things I did
- Got invited as a speaker to the 2018 SPIE Medical Imaging conference.
- Got featured on the official Microsoft HoloLens homepage with PEACH Reality.
- Became an Imagine Cup 2017 UK finalist.
- Got Microsoft to shoot a video about my project.
- Presented stuff to the corporate VP of Microsoft.
Things I know
As you already know, I study computer science. During my studies (both academic and personal) I've covered a bunch of topics - I'm by no means an expert in every single one of them, but you can expect me to have a solid grasp of important concepts behind each of them.
# Maths - Numerical optimization - Number & group theory - Discrete mathematics - Probability theory - Information theory - Graphical models - Linear algebra - Game theory - Calculus # CS - Formal logic - Communication complexity - Distributed computing - Compiler theory - Database theory - Concurrency abstraction - Operating system design - Networked systems - Robotics & autonomy - Numerical algorithms - Supervised learning - Reinforcement learning - Supervised learning - Machine vision
Now I'll talk a bit about the languages I know.