I tend to go through quite a lot of various programming articles every day and once in a while I find something that I really want to share with the world, or at least save it for future reference. This page will serve said purpose by storing the links to materials I personally find useful.
Each link is accompanied by a brief summary of the contents and why you might be interested in checking it out. Additionally, I tried to group some links together to produce short "series" of related articles that might help you get started with some technology or just get a better understanding of a specific topic.
Here are a series of articles to help you Git right. They can cover pretty much anything related to Git and range from super basic to reasonably advanced.
- git - the simple guide. Must read if you know nothing about Git or don't feel quite confident about its basic functionality. Very beginner-friendly.
- How to Write a Git Commit Message. A lengthy article about how to write descriptive commit messages that will actually help other developers understand your intent. It could arguably be considered must read but the article is quite long, and for most people shorter things like this post might suffice.
- A successful Git branching model. This posts talks about a Git branching strategy that seems to work quite well. Even if you're not going to use this particular model, it's a useful read that will show you some of the techniques that can be used.
Machine Learning and AI
- Fueling the Gold Rush: The Greatest Public Datasets for AI. As the title suggests, a collection of datasets that can be used to train or test your neural nets.
UI & UX
- 125 Easy Tweaks to Optimize Your Website’s UX/UI Today. A reasonably long post covering different UX practices. Some are very straightforward, some are way less trivial than you would expect. Can be useful for general knowledge.
- Little UI Details. A small collection of UI design tips in form of tweets.
- 7 Things Every Designer Needs to Know about Accessibility. A good introduction to accessibility in web design. It covers some important aspects as
:focusstyling and ARIA attributes (among other things). A useful read for any web designer.